Hypertext links

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
grebmar

Hypertext links

Post by grebmar »

I can't find the answer in the user guide or by searching the forums. I like to put the hypertext links into my documents by dragging ID# from the reference window to the document. This seems only to work, however, when the reference is opened in the separate Reference window. I cannot drag the ID# if the reference is shown in the library window. Is there a reason for this, or is it an oversight? All things considered, this isn't a major problem, but I would rather always have the single window open.
Jon
Site Admin

Re: Hypertext links

Post by Jon »

It's not an oversight. To copy the hypertext link, drag the actual reference (from the list) with the Option and Command keys held down.

Jon
Sonny Software
grebmar

Post by grebmar »

Thanks. You might want to add this to the user manual, where the only method shown (so far as I know) is dragging the ID# over from the reference window.
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

It's there on p. 20

"Note: the ability to drag and drop the unique ID is available in the reference window. If you are using the reference edit pane (in the library window) you'd drag and drop the reference from the reference list with the Option and Command keys pressed instead."

and p. 21

"You can also insert a hypertext link to a reference or a group in the library window by holding down the
Command and Option keys before beginning the drag."

and p. 48.

But I agree we should have a hypertext link between those descriptions for the reference window vs the library window (no irony intended).

Jon
Sonny Software