Creative use of Links

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
tedg

Creative use of Links

Post by tedg »

As I dive deeper into BE, I continue to be surprised.

It seems to me that links can be very powerful. I wonder how far I can push this and wonder how some advanced users work with links.

Is there any oblique way for links to be considered in forming groups?
Jon
Site Admin

Re: Creative use of Links

Post by Jon »

You can't make a group based on links. However, you can display the links for a reference in the Links Inspector, then drag them into a static group. If you have many links, you can mark them all (right-click in the Inspector) so they are Hits. Then show the Hits in the library window, select all, and drag them to a static group. One last tip -- if you drop references on empty space in the Groups pane Bookends will offer to create a new static group and put them in it.

Jon
Sonny Software
tedg

Post by tedg »

Thanks Jon. That tells me what I need to know about the groups part of the question. But I should have left that out of the original post.

My primary question is about what clever things users are doing with links. Typed links could be a big deal in organizing a complex, interdisciplinary reference base. The idea appeals.

I am guessing that no one uses it outside of the territory described in the manual, for book chapters, rebuttals, citations.
DeclanOB

Post by DeclanOB »

For what it's worth, I'd be glad to hear of how clever people use links too.
(nothing positive to contribute except encouragement).

Declan