bug with issue number

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
ahmiller

bug with issue number

Post by ahmiller »

I created a copy of the Chicago 14a formats to edit some of them to fit my personal preferences. While my edited formats work fine, I did nothing to the format of journal aritcles, and yet, it doesn't display the issue number correctly.

Chicago 14a Journal Format = a. "t." f v$, no. $i` `(d): p-.

I have the exact same format in my copied file, but when I create a bibliography, the bibliography duplicates the issue number in parenthesis following the volume number.

a. "t." f v(i)$, no. $i` ` (d): p-. (For example, ... 14(4), no. 4 (1993): p. 71-97 instead of ... 14, no. 4 (1993): p. 71-97)

If I choose to format the references with Chicago 14a, I do not have this problem.

Is there anyway to fix this?

Andrew[/i]
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

I'm not sure there is anything to fix -- where in your database records are you putting the issue #? It is supposed to be in the Volume field, in parentheses:

125(1)

And if you want to use the issue # independently of Volume, you must check "don't include issue # with volume" in the second tab of the format definition window.

Jon
Sonny Software

bug with issue

Post by Guest »

Thanks Jon. That took care of the problem. I'm not sure how that box got checked as I hadn't edited the Chicago 14a journal format.

Andrew