Zoom in on "Edit Reference"

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
Cassady

Zoom in on "Edit Reference"

Post by Cassady »

Hello All,

I figured I would pop this query up - having searched "zoom" without finding something similar - just to check if I wasn't by chance missing something obvious.

Clearly, the eyes aren't what they used to be. :roll:

I am in the process of updating all my references, and where Autocomplete doesn't capture every bit of information, I obviously need to enter it manually.
On an external screen, at my desk - my eyes start taking strain, trying to read all the information in the "Edit Reference" pane clearly.

Barring increasing the FONT size - is there any way to ZOOM the Edit Reference pane independently, similar to the Ctrl-+ used in the Attachments Pane?

Many thanks!
Jon
Site Admin

Re: Zoom in on "Edit Reference"

Post by Jon »

No zoom. But why not increase the default font size (in preferences)? It's the size of the text that matters.

Two other things:

1. Click on the field name to edit/enter in a large field with the font size automatically (temporarily) increased by 2 points.

2. Enable the OS accessibility features. Then Control-Scroll wheel "up/down? enlarges the screen. This is something I use.

Jon
Sonny Software
Cassady

Post by Cassady »

Jon wrote:No zoom. But why not increase the default font size (in preferences)? It's the size of the text that matters.

Two other things:

1. Click on the field name to edit/enter in a large field with the font size automatically (temporarily) increased by 2 points.

2. Enable the OS accessibility features. Then Control-Scroll wheel "up/down? enlarges the screen. This is something I use.

Jon
Sonny Software
Hi Jon,

Increased the font size of "References" under preferences to 14 - it's made a big difference.
I presume this will influence the output of the referencing text in MS Word, when I run the scan eventually - but this can (again presumably) simply be remedied in Word, by Ctrl-A, and then effecting a global text-size change?

Re 1.) - not really useful, since it doesn't allow for a tab-click through to the other fields, when you are in the processing of entering many of the fields.
Re 2.) Very useful! Played around with the Picture-in-picture option, under Zoom-Style. Will be using this system-wide from now on. Thanks! :D
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

The default reference display font size has no influence on the formatted reference. That's controlled by the default bibliography font size. Therefore, use whatever font size you prefer for editing and whatever size you prefer for bibliographies independently.

Jon
Sonny Software
Cassady

Post by Cassady »

Jon wrote:The default reference display font size has no influence on the formatted reference. That's controlled by the default bibliography font size. Therefore, use whatever font size you prefer for editing and whatever size you prefer for bibliographies independently.

Jon
Sonny Software
Ah - good to know! Thanks Jon!