Importing my pdf's

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
drsoram

Importing my pdf's

Post by drsoram »

Hi Jon
I have studied the manual and the tutorials attempting to understand BE...

Another question on your recommendation :

I have a large folder on my hard drive with all of my PDFs --about 500 ...many need to be renamed. I am ready to import them into BE.

The name of that folder containing all my PDFS is Medicine

What would be the best way to get all those pdfs into BE? Drag and drop or import folder?

Should I point BE to the Medicine folder to be the Attachments folder or create a NEW attachments folder for BE to put the attachments into?

Thanks for your great support !

Soram
Jon
Site Admin

Re: Importing my pdf's

Post by Jon »

If I understand you correctly and you have 500 pdfs with no corresponding references in Bookends, then drag the pdfs onto an empty Bookends library and have Bookends attach them and try to find them online.

Jon
Sonny Software
drsoram

Post by drsoram »

thank you
That is correct ...I will drag them into an empty bookends....then it is ok to leave them in the same folder as they are in and call THAT the attachments folder for future articles as pdf as well?

S
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

Yes, you can reassign the default attachment folder to point to any folder you want in preferences. If you're maintaining it yourself, then of course don't have Bookends move attachments to the default folder (they're already there).

Jon
Sonny Software
drsoram

Post by drsoram »

Thanks for the quick reply Jon!

S