Pages 5.0

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
Jon
Site Admin

Re: Pages 5.0

Post by Jon »

Bookends 12.1 works with Apple Pages 5.x using Biblio -> Scan Open Apple Pages Document.

Jon
Sonny Software
gnoli

Post by gnoli »

I tried it, but I received only the message:

Can't get path to Pages document

Either with the file open either closed.

Thanks

TG
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

It has to be open. But the error message suggests there's something wrong with the AppleEvents, not Bookends or Pages. You might reboot. And get 12.1.1 when it's released (soon).

Jon
Sonny Software
peter.malik

Post by peter.malik »

Jon,

Am I doing something wrong when, upon pressing Command-Y, the citation isn't entered into a Pages 5.0 doc?
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

They removed the Paste AppleEvent in Pages 5. You have to perform the Command-V yourself after the switch, then you'll see your temp citation inserted.

Jon
Sonny Software
peter.malik

Post by peter.malik »

One more reason not to use Pages anymore at all. I'm a Mellel user for the most part, but for some simple documents/note taking, I didn't mind the simplicity of Pages. But it seems that the programme is getting worse after every upgrade. Sad, since I wrote my whole M.Phil. dissertation using Pages 4! Can't think of writing a doctoral thesis on it, though, especially under these circumstances!