Search/order references by date created/modified?

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
dialectician

Search/order references by date created/modified?

Post by dialectician »

Perhaps I'm blind that I can't find this option, but is it possible to search or order references by the date that they were created or modified? This would be helpful for me, because I'm sometimes looking for references that I recently entered, or as sometimes happens, I am comparing two databases, and so it would be a useful feature to have. Does it exist? If not, would it be easy to implement for a future release?
Jon
Site Admin

Re: Search/order references by date created/modified?

Post by Jon »

You can do an SQL search for this (or create a smart SQL search that would do it for you -- there is a built in SQL search for find refs entered/edited within X days, for example). There are examples in the user guide. Here are two such SQL searches:

Search for references that were edited within the last 2 weeks:
dateModified > datediff( now(), '01/01/1904 00:00:00', 'second' ) - (14 * 24 * 60 * 60) -- Change 14 to the number of days you want as the interval since last edited.

Search for references that were added in the last 2 weeks:
dateAdded > datediff( now(), '01/01/1904 00:00:00', 'second' ) - (14 * 24 * 60 * 60) -- Change 14 to the number of days you want as the interval since last added.

Jon
Sonny Software
dialectician

Post by dialectician »

GREAT! Thanks so much. That was easy, and will be very helpful.
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

I forgot to add that you can also create columns in the reference list view for dates added/modified. See preferences (List tab). You can do ascending/descending sots by clicking on the column header.

Jon
Sonny Software