Sync help – Restore from BEoT to BE12

A place to discuss Bookends for iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch.
Cassady

Sync help – Restore from BEoT to BE12

Post by Cassady »

Hello all,

Quick question – since I don't want to do what I think will work, before checking.
I accidentally deleted two references in my BE12 library on my Mac. :oops:

Fortunately, I synced to BEoT on my iPad yesterday, and they are still to be found there.

If I invoke a Sync now, do the deleted references get 'restored' over to the Mac BE12 library, from the iPad – and if not (by default), is this possible?

Many thanks!
Cassady

Re: Sync help – Restore from BEoT to BE12

Post by Cassady »

Cassady wrote:Hello all,

Quick question – since I don't want to do what I think will work, before checking.
I accidentally deleted two references in my BE12 library on my Mac. :oops:

Fortunately, I synced to BEoT on my iPad yesterday, and they are still to be found there.

If I invoke a Sync now, do the deleted references get 'restored' over to the Mac BE12 library, from the iPad – and if not (by default), is this possible?

Many thanks!
As an aside, a quick TM restore has me up and running again – but the above might still be useful.
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

You can use Bookends -> File menu -> Synced iOS Device Info -> delete your library there. On the next sync the message “This device was last synced with another library” will be shown, just confirm sync, and after full resync you will get all references from your iOS device. You can make a backup of your database before syncing, just in case.

Jon
Sonny Software
Cassady

Post by Cassady »

Jon wrote:You can use Bookends -> File menu -> Synced iOS Device Info -> delete your library there. On the next sync the message “This device was last synced with another library” will be shown, just confirm sync, and after full resync you will get all references from your iOS device. You can make a backup of your database before syncing, just in case.

Jon
Sonny Software
Very useful information this Jon – thanks.

Will obviously rely on TM and CCC (cloning) etc., but good to know that, in a pinch, there is an option in BEoT as well.
Cassady

Post by Cassady »

This just saved my bacon.

I synced 2635 references over to my iPP this morning.

Later, a misfired macro accidentally deleted 2 references in BE12, before I knew what was happening.
I now had 2633 references on my Mac, in BE12 - and worst of all, had know way of knowing which two references were deleted.

I have a TM plugged in, so figured I could 'simply' pop over to TM to pull back the last library saved, from earlier today.
Not so simple - tried a few suggestions found on the web about how to 'show' the ~/Library folder (where my BE backups are kept) when navigating through the TM backup disk from Finder - and couldn't get it to work.

Fortunately, I recalled I had asked this very question – and found the above.
Followed the steps, and very relieved to confirm that 2635 references are back in BE, pulled across from BEOT!
BEOT just paid for itself, many times over! 8)