Why no Trash folder in Bookends?

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
iandol

Why no Trash folder in Bookends?

Post by iandol »

Hi, my 11month old Son got to my laptop while I was distracted and managed to hammer on the delete and enter keys and deleted some references. I had a backup, but it did make me curious as to why Bookends doesn't have a Trash folder like Endnote, Scrivener or the OS itself?
Cassady

Re: Why no Trash folder in Bookends?

Post by Cassady »

+1. Hasn't happened often - but when it has - wish I had a trash can to recover!
Nhaps

Post by Nhaps »

I second this. Lost a few refs over the years due to it.
taja

Post by taja »

I would second this also, having in a heart-stopping moment nearly deleted all the references in my library due to a lag when attempting to 'select all' in a field... (I have regular backups so it wouldn't have meant much time lost, but still!)
danzac

Post by danzac »

I just marched over to the forum to specifically request this as well. Twice now I have clicked directly on a note card and hit delete only to see the entire citation be wiped from my database. It is unbelievably frustrating, and a trash folder would save many a headache
~I swore to myself that if I ever got to walk around the room as manager people would laugh as they saw me coming and applaud as I walked away~
iandol

Post by iandol »

This was just a bump on this feature query. The iOS version of Bookends does has a Trash folder, so I suspect the issue is an architectural one on macOS (storing references ONLY in a predefined smart folder, not visible in All etc.)?
Chris

Post by Chris »

+1