Bug (?) in file attachment feature

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
frvs

Bug (?) in file attachment feature

Post by frvs »

Hi Jon,

Kudos for version 8,1, which feels more stable and performing. There is, however, what looks like a new bug in the file attachment feature. Here's what happens:

1) In reference view, I press the Attach button. I get the usual window asking if I want to transfer the file to the dedicated Bookends folder and suggesting a new name. I agree.

2) Five secs delay. Then, when I would expect to see the name of the file, preceded by a bullet, on the keywords pane, Bookends suddenly quits. Just like that.

3) I check whether the file has been transfered to the dedicated BE's folder; it has. But, on relaunching BE, I confirm the file has not been attached.

4) I repeat action (1) to attach the file, now renamed, that has been transfered to the BE's folder. Again, the application suddenly quits with no warning.

Bottom line: since I downloaded version 8.1, I couldn't get the file attachment feature to work.

Best,

Francisco
Jon
Site Admin

Re: Bug (?) in file attachment feature

Post by Jon »

Bottom line: since I downloaded version 8.1, I couldn't get the file attachment feature to work.
Two possibilities come to mind, so let's eliminate them one at a time.

1. Rebuild your database.

If that doesn't cure it,

2. Remove your Bookends 8 Preferences file and relaunch (you'll need your serial number handy).

One of these should do it, I think.

Jon
Sonny Software
frvs

Re: Bug (?) in file attachment feature

Post by frvs »

Jon wrote: 1. Rebuild your database.
Okay, that did it. Thanls.
Francisco