PDF viewing pane not refreshing?

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
Cassady

PDF viewing pane not refreshing?

Post by Cassady »

Hello all,

Is it just me?

With the Attachments pane showing, when a reference is selected - the PDF view of that PDF then appears at the bottom, as would be expected.
When selecting a different PDF, the 'new' PDF then automatically appears in the bottom pane – again, as expected.
This is no longer happening.

Selecting a different reference, sees the PDF pane 'stuck' on the previous reference's PDF.
If I select the "Formatted Reference" icon, bottom right, it then 'updates' to show me the formatting of the new reference. Clicking on the "Attachments" icon (bottom right) thereafter – then 'refreshes' the PDF view to show me the correct/current reference's PDF.

The above means that jumping through different references, does not allow me to see their corresponding attachments, unless I manually jump/click between the "Formatted Reference" and "Attachments" icons, which is obviously not ideal.

Quitting the App does not change anything.
Similarly, changing the View options to "Basic" - thereby removing the Attachments pane - and returning it, also does nothing.

Any suggestions?

Bookends 12.7.7; macOS 10.12.2
Jon
Site Admin

Re: PDF viewing pane not refreshing?

Post by Jon »

If you think you've found a bug you should contact tech support, not post on the forum.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2038

Please Rebuild your library. If you still see a problem email tech support (support@sonnysoftware.com).

Jon
Sonny Software
Cassady

Re: PDF viewing pane not refreshing?

Post by Cassady »

Jon wrote:If you think you've found a bug you should contact tech support, not post on the forum.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2038

Please Rebuild your library. If you still see a problem email tech support (support@sonnysoftware.com).

Jon
Sonny Software
Thanks Jon – happy to report that your suggestion to rebuild the library did the trick – all working as it should now.