Find Citation - Word

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
jjohnson

Find Citation - Word

Post by jjohnson »

I am considering purchasing Bookmarks. I am using Microsoft Word X but I have questions about the Bookends Word Add-in and the Find Citation feature. In the Bookends manual on page 28 in step 3, it states, "In Word, select a word or phrase and use the Find Citation option in the Word Tools menu or the Bookends toolbar. You will switch to Bookends." In Word, there doesn't seem to be a feature called "Find Citation" and in the Bookends toolbar, there are four buttons "Go to Bookends, Find in Bookends, Scan Document, and Unscan Document." The same four choices are found in the Bookends Tools menu (Tools>Bookends).

Am I missing something?

I have downloaded the latest version of Bookends (8.1) and placed the Bookends Word X Add-in into the appropriate location (Applications: Microsoft Office: Office). But Toolbar for Bookends says Bookends7 (View menu > Toolbard > Bookends7).

Tiger 10.4
Microsoft Word X
Bookends 8.1
Jon
Site Admin

Re: Find Citation - Word

Post by Jon »

jjohnson wrote:I am using Microsoft Word X but I have questions about the Bookends Word Add-in and the Find Citation feature. In the Bookends manual on page 28 in step 3, it states, "In Word, select a word or phrase and use the Find Citation option in the Word Tools menu or the Bookends toolbar. You will switch to Bookends." In Word, there doesn't seem to be a feature called "Find Citation"...Am I missing something?
Our mistake. We changed the wording in the Tools menu/Toolbar and never went back to correct the manual. The feature you mention is the same as "Find in Bookends". I User Guide will be updated for the next release.

As for the name of the toolbar -- it didn't change between Bookends 7 and Bookends 8, and so wasn't renamed. It works equally well with either version.

Jon
Sonny Software