Notecards created on Bookends for iOS became empty

A place to discuss Bookends for iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch.
jlee

Notecards created on Bookends for iOS became empty

Post by jlee »

I created several notecards for a reference on Bookends for iOS yesterday, today when I opened Bookends for Mac, all these notecards became “empty.” Then I immediately checked it on my Bookends for iOS, all of them became empty too! Is there any way I could get my notecards back? Thank you!!!
Serge

Re: Notecards created on Bookends for iOS became empty

Post by Serge »

Unfortunately, there is no way to get them back... Please try to add a new note to this reference and sync to check if this problem is reproducible.
jlee

Post by jlee »

Dear Serge,

Sad to hear that. :cry: :cry: :cry: I can reproduce it as follows:
1. Create a notecard for that reference on Bookends for iOS, sync
2. Open Bookends for Mac, sync
3. At that time, the newly created notecard is blank on Bookends for Mac already*
3. Add another notecard for that reference on Bookends for Mac, sync
4. Open Bookends for iOS, sync
5. The notecard created on Bookends for Mac is seen, but the notecard previously created on Bookends for iOS became blank even in this app! :cry: :cry: :cry:

*Yesterday I didn't notice that those notecards became blank, as they're at the bottom of the notecard list, out of the screen. If I didn't create a new notecard for that reference on Bookends for Mac, then, although the notecard created on Bookends for iOS shown as blank on Mac, it could still keep its content on Bookends for iOS, even after syncing on Bookends for Mac. :cry: :cry: :cry:
jlee

Post by jlee »

Dear Serge,

I emailed a video to you demonstrating how it happens. Thanks.
Serge

Post by Serge »

The problem causing some data to be lost on sync has been resolved and should be fixed with the next release of Bookends for iOS. It occurs only in cases of syncing fields that have styled text or some special characters entered in Bookends for Mac and then edited in Bookends for iOS.

John, thank you for reporting this problem.
jlee

Post by jlee »

Thank you very much for your help!