Formated View Style= Biblography, preferred Style = Citation

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
jas

Formated View Style= Biblography, preferred Style = Citation

Post by jas »

The reference shown in the "Formated Reference" view at the bottom of the "Display Pane" seems to be styled according to the "biblography" style and not "note" style (See p.105 of the Bookends User Guide v12.8.2). For example—Turabian.fmt

Formated Reference View displays...

Bolton, Gillie. Reflective Practice: Writing and Professional Development. 2nd ed. Los Angeles, CA: Sage, 2005.

I would like to change it to display...

Gillie Bolton, Reflective Practice: Writing and Professional Development, 2nd ed. (Los Angeles, CA: Sage, 2005), XX-XX.

In many instances, I need to copy and paste the citation directly to a footnote and would prefer it be formated correctly. I've tried to change this via the "Formats Manager," but with no success. Is there a way to change this view setting or another way to copy and paste a correctly formated citation?

Any suggestions or help appreciated.
Jon
Site Admin

Re: Formated View Style= Biblography, preferred Style = Citation

Post by Jon »

Create a format called Turabian Citations.

In the Bibliography Options section enter the settings you want for the citation. When you view your reference in Bookends using this format you'll see how the citation would be output.

Jon
Sonny Software
jas

Post by jas »

Thank you for the quick response.

It seems that when I change the style of the biblography section the biblography output is formated accordingly— "John Doe instead of "Doe, John."

I'm thinking I can create a separate Turabian format for use when I want to copy and paste and then switch to another when I want to output the biblography. However, I'm wondering if there is a way to change the style to which the reference pane refers for formating a citiation. Presently, it uses the "biblography style" for formating; is there a way for me to link the refrenece pane formating to the "citation style?"

Looking to save a few steps if possible. In any case, Bookends is the best of the best!
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

Thank you. If I'm understanding you, that's what I explained in my first reply. You create a format in which the citation information is used in Bibliography Options. Then when you use that format and "Copy Formatted", the citation will be copied. See?

Jon
Sonny Software
jas

Post by jas »

Yes,I think! Thank you.
jas

Post by jas »

Thank you, thank you, thank you, for making it possible to see both the citition and the biblograhy output in the format display pane!