Can a user choose the copy citation style?

A place to discuss Bookends for iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch.
talazem

Can a user choose the copy citation style?

Post by talazem »

Hello. I sometimes write in Pandoc Multimarkdown. On my Mac, I have followed the directions of https://www.rousette.org.uk/archives/bo ... nd-pandoc/, and can successful copy a citation in Pandoc's formation, e.g. [@Chang2001].

I am increasingly doing more of my formal writing on my iPad, using Scrivener and text editors, in which I continue to write in Pandoc Multimarkdown. When I switch to Bookends for iOS, I am given the choice to copy a citation that looks like this [Chang, 2001, #111032], or to choose a default style from the Zotero Style Repository.

Is there a way to be able to change either of these to a Pandoc-formatted citation, in Bookends for iOS? Thank you.
Serge

Re: Can a user choose the copy citation style?

Post by Serge »

We can add this feature to Bookends for iOS. If user1 field isn’t empty we will use it, otherwise we will create a temporary citation on the fly based on the first author's last name and year as shown in your example. If the dynamically generated value isn’t what you need you can always go to Bookends for Mac to generate the BibTex key or edit user1 manually in Bookends for iOS.
talazem

Post by talazem »

For my purposes, that would be sufficient. Thank you.
Serge

Post by Serge »

This feature has been added in Bookends for iOS 3.2.
talazem

Post by talazem »

Many thanks, Serge.
kseggleton

Post by kseggleton »

Just wanted to say that it is great that you have added the Pandoc citation option - thanks