"Scan document" Add-in for Word not working

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
iandol

Re: "Scan document" Add-in for Word not working

Post by iandol »

Yes, 16.9, where I continue to have the paste issue when scanning (solved by the paste script).
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

I may have come up with a workaround for the paste issue in Word 16.9. If anyone reading this thread wants to test a beta build, please contact tech support (support@sonnysoftware.com) and I'll send you a link.

Jon
Sonny Software
DarrenIngram

Post by DarrenIngram »

I'd take a look but am not free until the weekend. Flagging it up in case you don't get any speedier offers.
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

One user is reporting that the new beta has solved this issue with Word 16.9. I invite others to write to me and test it. If it works for everyone we'll include the fix in the next update.

Jon
Sonny Software
laup

Post by laup »

I had encountered the problem with scanning not working a few weeks ago. I reinstalled Word (and support folders) and everything worked again. Today, the problem reappeared. I then got the most recent update of Bookends 13.0.5, which had a cryptic item about being fully compatible with Word 16.9.1. I installed the update and scanning now works again. I take it, then, that I am reconfirming that a fix in what was previously the new beta worked. Thanks.

(Oddly, I had not encountered the problem on my "other" Mac, a laptop using Sierra rather than High Sierra, but the same version of Office 365).
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

13.0.5 fixes the problem that was the subject of this thread.

Jon
Sonny Software
swilcox

Post by swilcox »

I had this problem as well, and 13.0.5 certainly seems to have fixed it.

However, I wanted to post a heads up to others. I use the clipboard utility Copy'em Paste for certain things. It seems to sometimes interact in not good ways with pasting from Bookends into Word, making it seem like the scan is not working.
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

Note to users who haven't upgraded to Bookends 13: I've made a silent update of 12.8.4 that fixes this issue, too.

Jon
Sonny Software
iandol

Post by iandol »

Thanks Jon, I left this comment on MacUpdate:
Microsoft released a major rewrite of Word, which broke compatibility with Endnote and Bookends. Bookends had a workaround available to users in hours, and has been updated (V13.0.5, and a backport for V12 users too!) now to fix this. Endnote? Forces users to run beta software and no ETA when a fix will come. This just gives you a flavour of the difference in support you will receive with both pieces of software (apart from the fact Bookends is far more powerful than Endnote, and far cheaper).
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

Thank you very much. I very much appreciate your taking the time to post on MacUpdate.

Jon
Sonny Software