PDF annotation colors

A place to discuss Bookends for iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch.
danzac

PDF annotation colors

Post by danzac »

Is there a way to make the default highlight PDF annotation colors on iOS the same as the default on the desktop? They are currently different
~I swore to myself that if I ever got to walk around the room as manager people would laugh as they saw me coming and applaud as I walked away~
Jon
Site Admin

Re: PDF annotation colors

Post by Jon »

Not yet.

Jon
Sonny Software
mwarner

Post by mwarner »

To follow up on this question, I find the the highlighting appearance of the iOS app to be pretty bad and messy. Is there a way to have it function with a line-by-line snap to grid sort of functionality to give it the same behavior as highlighting on the Mac or in other PDF mark up apps in iOS (see how PDF Expert does it)? This would be a much needed improvement for highlighting on the iPad. It's not just the color that is off since the opacity of the current highlighter makes everything blurry, sort of like using a bad highlighter on paper (not the direction our tech should be taking us).

Seems like these modifications would be needed within Bookends for iOS since moving the PDF to another iOS app, annotating and moving back into BookEnds is impossible (at least for me trying it with PDF Expert.
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

I'll leave the answer to your comments for Serge.

But as for moving PDFs between apps, we have an entire page devoted to that

http://www.sonnysoftware.com/bookendsontap/export/

Jon
Sonny Software
Serge

Post by Serge »

We are using PSPDFKit. Please read this forum post.
We would like to add iOS native PDF Markup component but currently there is no API for that.

In the next update of Bookends for iOS highlight PDF annotation colors will be the same as the default values in Bookends for Mac.