newbie: marking/higlighting records

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
Gerben

newbie: marking/higlighting records

Post by Gerben »

I have just started using Bookends and compliments, wonderful program!

I wonder about one thing, it is more a suggestion. One thing i have missed in all bibliographic software i have seen sofar is the ability to label records in a list view, to assign a color to them for example. This can be useful to mark those references (articles/books) that you already own/ have read or whatever. A way to visualize some info on your material. I know you can also add a remark in a notes field but this is not the same.

Is this perhaps something under consideration? A usefull suggestion? I am doing a PhD and for me it would be very practical.

Regards,
Gerben Zaagsma
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

There is no color-coding or references at this time. It gets complicated rather quickly (you want arbitrary coloring, others have asked for colored hits, etc.). I may implement something in the future, but no doubt it won't satisfy all of those who want some kind of coloring...

Jon
Sonny Software
Gerben

Post by Gerben »

Thanks Jon,

Hope you will introduce a basic coloring thing, but understand we all have different little prefs.. :wink: