Finalizing a document in Bookends / Mellel

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
joseph_anton

Finalizing a document in Bookends / Mellel

Post by joseph_anton »

I wonder if there is a way to convert all citations created with Bookends in a Mellel document into their final form so that they appear as regular text in the document? I have a couple of minor details to deal with where it would make more sense to deal with the final citation as text than to work with the Bookends placeholder before sending my document to PDF. Thanks!
Jon
Site Admin

Re: Finalizing a document in Bookends / Mellel

Post by Jon »

If you mean you want to scan the document and have only the final citation "as text" left, not to my knowledge, but that's really a question for the Mellel team. Note that as far as printing or PDF generation goes, the scanned (final) forms are treated as regular text.

Jon
Sonny Software
joseph_anton

Post by joseph_anton »

Thanks for the reply, Jon! Yes, that's exactly what I had in mind. I'll take this up on the Mellel side of things.
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

Note that there's a real downside to doing what you want -- your citation objects would be irretrievably lost. No unscanning, no rescanning.

Jon
Sonny Software
joseph_anton

Post by joseph_anton »

Jon wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:03 am Note that there's a real downside to doing what you want -- your citation objects would be irretrievably lost. No unscanning, no rescanning.
Thanks for the word of warning. I was only thinking about this as a final step (having set aside a carefully backed up copy of the penultimate version).