Odd changes of focus when editing fields

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
mwra

Odd changes of focus when editing fields

Post by mwra »

BE 13.1.5, OS 10.14.2

I normally use Basic view, with the sidebar open and in 'edit reference' layout. I've notice that after editing (some?) field, e.g. Authors, if I then click into another field (say Keywords) that instead of the link target taking focus, the focus is incorrectly set onto the main listing, i.e. outside the sidebar.

As the next action is often to delete existing content and add new content, the above has a nasty side effect of potentially deleting a record. Worse, it happens out-of-context. In other words, it's not obvious until after the error has occurred that the app has set focus incorrectly.
joao

Re: Odd changes of focus when editing fields

Post by joao »

I can confirm That i’m getting this issue too. It seems a bit random when bookends is the frontmost app. However, if i’m editing a field (say author), cmd-tab to some other app (i.e. preview to check a pdf), and cmd-tab back to bookends, the focus is no longer on the field that i’m editing but on the main records list. I dont realise this, carry on editing and bookends will either select a new reference or try to delete one dependig on what i typed. This can be reproduced every time on latest bookends with high-sierra.

Joao.
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

Please download 13.1.5 again, this was fixed.

Jon
Sonny Software
joao

Post by joao »

Thanks Jon
Working now.
alanterra

Post by alanterra »

Very odd--I was having this problem and the problem that right clicking on a collection and choosing "Delete…" would try to delete the first reference in that collection.

Deleting the app (which was the latest version) and downloading 13.1.5 again solved both problems.

Thanks Jon
mwra

Post by mwra »

Have re-downloaded v13.1.5 and the issue seems to be resolved. Thanks.