Vancouver style referencing

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
sjones

Vancouver style referencing

Post by sjones »

Hello,

I want to reference is using a modified Vancouver style. Currently Bookends is giving me this;-
Bahr R, Thorborg K, Ekstrand J. Evidence-based hamstring injury prevention is not adopted by the majority of Champions League or Norwegian Premier League football teams: the Nordic Hamstring survey. British Journal of Sports Medicine. 2015;49:1466-1471.

However I need this:
Bahr R, Thorborg K, Ekstrand J. Evidence-based hamstring injury prevention is not adopted by the majority of Champions League or Norwegian Premier League football teams: the Nordic Hamstring survey. Br J Sports Med. 2015;49:1466-1471.

I'm aware that I can delete the some of the journal information, but as my PhD will be in Harvard style I don't want to have to re-write lots of journal names. Please note that the journal title is in italics.

Could someone please assist me - thanks.

sjones
Jon
Site Admin

Re: Vancouver style referencing

Post by Jon »

You should be using a journal glossary (probably Concise Medline). And in the format itself, make sure to use "j" (abbrev journal) not "f" (full journal). And make sure the "j" is italicized.

Please see the documentation for how formatting works (and the journal glossary). Start with the video tutorial.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CowJRIu ... load_owner

Jon
Sonny Software
sjones

Post by sjones »

Hello Jon,

Thanks very much for your quick reply and help. Appreciate it a lot!

Thanks,
sjones
sjones

Post by sjones »

Jon wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:48 pm You should be using a journal glossary (probably Concise Medline). And in the format itself, make sure to use "j" (abbrev journal) not "f" (full journal). And make sure the "j" is italicized.

Please see the documentation for how formatting works (and the journal glossary). Start with the video tutorial.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CowJRIu ... load_owner

Jon
Sonny Software
Sorry to post again, but I have changed the f to j. Still giving me the full journal title, the j doesn't seem to be giving me abbreviated title. I have provided a screen shot. Also I could not find Concise Medline in the journal glossary.
Attachments
Screenshot 2019-01-23 at 19.29.16.png
Screenshot 2019-01-23 at 19.29.16.png (187.17 KiB) Viewed 2781 times
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

Please contact tech support directly (support@sonnysoftware.com).

Jon
Sonny Software