Advice on rapid emailing multiple refs and PDFs

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
mwarner

Advice on rapid emailing multiple refs and PDFs

Post by mwarner »

I have a problem where I will have a long series of papers in my hit list that I would like to email to another person in one quick stroke, along with their respective PDF attachments. The manual implies that this is possible if I am using Apple Mail or outlook, but this feature does not seem possible with other email clients like Airmail.

Does anyone out there have a good way to do this quickly and is not reliant on any specific email application?
Jon
Site Admin

Re: Advice on rapid emailing multiple refs and PDFs

Post by Jon »

I took a look at AirMail. It is scriptable, and you should be able to add attachments via AppleScript. But I was unable to get it to work. I think it's a bug in AirMail, since I found a validated example from 2015 that also fails now. If someone has a solution I'll consider adding AirMail to the list of supported email clients.

Jon
Sonny Software

P.S. There is universal method for adding attachments to emails. It's one app at a time.
Jon
Site Admin

Re: Advice on rapid emailing multiple refs and PDFs

Post by Jon »

I think I've solved the problems with AirMail. If you want to try a beta build please contact tech support at support@sonnysoftware.com.

Jon
Sonny Software