The @ sign in custom formats

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
danzac

The @ sign in custom formats

Post by danzac »

I am working on updating my custom format to conform to the SBL (2nd ed.) format. While working on the format, I found that the @ sign seems to do 2 different things: it can represent the cited page (User Guide pg.262), or in the "Special characters" dropdown in the format manager, the @ sign represents the Unique ID number.

Just trying to figure out which is correct.
~I swore to myself that if I ever got to walk around the room as manager people would laugh as they saw me coming and applaud as I walked away~
Jon
Site Admin

Re: The @ sign in custom formats

Post by Jon »

When @ was repurposed the symbol for referring to the unique id number in a format was changed to =. If you see a place in the app or in the documentation where that change wasn't made please let me know.

Jon
Sonny Software
danzac

Post by danzac »

Okay. the "Special characters" dropdown in the format manager Is where I found it
~I swore to myself that if I ever got to walk around the room as manager people would laugh as they saw me coming and applaud as I walked away~
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

What version of Bookends are you running? In the 13.2.3 Formats Manager Special Characters popup @ is assigned to Cited Pages and = is assigned to unique id number.

Jon
Sonny Software
danzac

Post by danzac »

Latest version. Found it. Citation Options > Built-in OR Custom
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

Thanks, I see it. Fixed.

Jon
Sonny Software