Auto-populate group with references used in document?

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
cinepou

Auto-populate group with references used in document?

Post by cinepou »

Hello!

Perhaps this is a strange request, perhaps it isn't.

I'm writing up my PhD thesis which has a lot of references in it. My Bookends PhD library is even larger, about four times the number of titles found in the thesis.

Here's the thing: I would like to double-check and harmonise all my references, however, time is of the essence and I would rather not (at this point in time) wade through my entire Bookends library, if it can at all be avoided. Is there a way to display (or auto-populate a group with) only those references from my library that actually appear in the finished thesis? A sort of reverse scan? I hope I'm making sense.

Maybe (probably) there is a much simpler way to go about this. I am eternally grateful for any and all suggestions for how to get the job done!

Thank you.
Jon
Site Admin

Re: Auto-populate group with references used in document?

Post by Jon »

Not a reverse scan, a scan.

After a scan all the references cited in the paper will be marked (i.e., hits). So scan and then click on the Hits group. You can also easily make a static group from the Hits, if you want a permanent record.

Jon
Sonny Software
cinepou

Re: Auto-populate group with references used in document?

Post by cinepou »

As easy as that!

Thanks, as ever, for the prompt answer.