downloading pdf's error

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
guyb

downloading pdf's error

Post by guyb »

Is there a way to turn the following behaviour off?

I don't want to to use the pdf library at all. Nonetheless when I have Bookends open but am using another app such as Firefox then saving an article as a pdf results in it being download to the Bookends library rather than, say, the desktop. Maddening! I can't see anywhere in Preferences to turn this (and the Library) off.

This is probably causing the following msg to appear if the reference window: Attached file “<some file name>.pdf”. Reference metadata not found online. Again, could this be stopped?

Thank you
Jon
Site Admin

Re: downloading pdf's error

Post by Jon »

How are you downloading the PDF from Firefox (and to what location, for example, the Bookends watch folder, or have you inadvertently set FireFox to "download" PDFs to Bookends)? Bookends doesn't intercept any web traffic from any browser. It sounds like Firefox is sending the PDF to Bookends (just like you can "print to Bookends" from any app).

Jon
Sonny Software
guyb

Re: downloading pdf's error

Post by guyb »

Thanks for the reply Jon - after trying out one thing after another I found out that it was the Watch Folder setting. There seems to be so much to remember in BookEnds!