Feature Request

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
vicboss

Feature Request

Post by vicboss »

I would really like bookends to have keyword and tag auto completion feature. For example, when we input a keyword, there should be a popup list to show the matching tags. I think this feature is quite standard. If we can have an independent tab in the `edit reference` panel for inputing keywords, it will be better.

Also, is that possible to hide all undefined field labels? I think being able to hide them will make the interface more clear.
Jon
Site Admin

Re: Feature Request

Post by Jon »

There is an independent field for entering keywords. And there is autocomplete for this.

You can't remove fields with no content (if that's what you mean by undefined), but you can rearrange the order of the fields with Command-drag.

Jon
Sonny Software
nh220

Post by nh220 »

You can't remove fields with no content (if that's what you mean by undefined), but you can rearrange the order of the fields with Command-drag.
Wow, had no idea you could do that. These little nice features of Bookends never cease to amaze me. On this note, is there a way to move a field from one tab to another when editing a reference?

Specifically, I would love for Internet sources to have the Last Update field on the Main tab rather than "Additional Fields" but that does not seem to work for me.
DarrenIngram

Post by DarrenIngram »

I must try that feature too. It would be stellar if THAT change of preferences could be synchronised too (between instances), e.g. laptop and desktop.
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

You can't move fields between tabs. FYI, the fields on the first tab are qualitatively different from those on the Added Fields tab. For example, the former can have styled text, autocomplete, and have their own Term Lists. The fields in the latter can't.

Field order is not a global, it can be different between libraries (of course, we recommend having only one library).

Jon
Sonny Software