Bookends broken with Office 2004 Service Pack 2

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
zfirst

Bookends broken with Office 2004 Service Pack 2

Post by zfirst »

After installing the Office 2004 Service Pack 2, I get an error message on launching Word: "There was an error loading Microsoft Framework." The Bookends toolbar and Tools menu additions are also missing.

I tried uninstalling and then reinstalling Office. Same deal: updating with SP2 breaks Bookends' add-in.

The problem appears to be with the "Bookends Word X Template" since Word will launch just fine if that file is not present but the "Bookends Word X Add-in" is, but it will give the error if the Add-in is missing but the Template is installed.
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

I haven't installed the update yet. I'll try it. Thanks for the report.

Jon
Sonny Software
rmansfield

Post by rmansfield »

I think a lot of people got that error (regardless of whether they were Bookends users or not) if they didn't restart after the update.

You would think that Microsoft would tell you after you run the update that you need to restart, but oh well...

Anyway, I've run the service pack, restarted, and tested to see that Bookends DOES work with Word 2004. And the toolbar is there.
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

Hi,

I've installed the MS update on two different computers now, and in each case Word 2004 works well with Bookends. So restart, as rmansfield suggested, and if that doesn't work make sure the template is in the right location: Office -> Startup -> Word

Jon
Sonny Software