Editing and Reference window

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
ZC1ifi

Editing and Reference window

Post by ZC1ifi »

Hi,

I am using Bookends 13.2.5 and when I try to edit a reference this option is greyed out and a pop up note states "(disabled because editing in Reference Window is selected in Preferences)", yet no Reference window opens??
Jon
Site Admin

Re: Editing and Reference window

Post by Jon »

That button is for showing the reference pane in the main library window, which you apparently disabled. Select a reference and press return (or double click in it, if you've set preferences to do this) and a new editing window will open.

Jon
Sonny Software
ZC1ifi

Post by ZC1ifi »

I am sorry but that is not what is happening in my case. First of all, I certainly do not recall ever disabling the reference pane nor am I sure how to undo this. Moreover, when I double click a reference no editing windows opens, instead the program tries to load the attachment in the window below the list of references. Even worse, when I right click a reference I get lots of options but none of these appear to relate to editing a reference. When I click the edit option in the top toolbar no "edit reference" appears either.
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

As I said, opening the reference window/pane (vs the PDF viewer) on double click is an option in preferences.

Using a reference window instead of the pane is also a preference option (Refs tab).

Please check their settings.

If you still can't resolve this please contact tech support directly with screen snaps of what you see.

Jon
Sonny Software