File renaming issue

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
marcus

File renaming issue

Post by marcus »

Hi all,

When I important a file into bookends and then go through the autocomplete paper module my document is renamed with a double .pdf file name. I always use rename file after important feature, and when I open the pdf in preview or look at it in the finder, it always reads as: Johnson_2015.pdf.pdf or Harris_2019.pdf.pdf

Does anyone know if this is a glitch or if I have a setting that needs to be readjusted.

Thank you!
Jon
Site Admin

Re: File renaming issue

Post by Jon »

Please see this thread.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5029

Jon
Sonny Software
marcus

Post by marcus »

Jon wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:03 pm Please see this thread.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5029

Jon
Sonny Software
Thank you!
joao

Post by joao »

On a related note.
The file renaming issue, where in the event of the user choosing the option to replace spaces with underscores, Bookends adds a space before the unique identifier at the end, has returned.
This had been fixed in the last update but is back with the silent update.

Joao.
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

joao wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 6:40 am On a related note.
The file renaming issue, where in the event of the user choosing the option to replace spaces with underscores, Bookends adds a space before the unique identifier at the end, has returned.
This had been fixed in the last update but is back with the silent update.
I can't reproduce a problem here, the underscore replaces the space before the random identifier if that option is checked in preferences.

Jon
Sonny Software
joao

Post by joao »

Sorry for the delay,

I managed to reproduce the issue. It's a bit more delicate. File renaming works as expected (like you said) when you add file(s) to a reference.
However, when the reference already has a file attached, and you ask Bookends to rename the attachment (right click, 'Rename Attachments'), the issue with the missing underscore appears.

Hope this helps,
Joao
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

I can't reproduce that, either. If you want to follow up, contact tech support directly with

1. A library containing a single reference with an attached PDF.
2. The PDF.
3. Screen snaps that show me what you're doing, before and after, so I can see what's failing and reproduce it here.

Jon
Sonny Software
joao

Post by joao »

Ok. Will investigate further and follow up via tech support if the problem persists.