Bookends won't scan Mellel document

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
iljajj

Bookends won't scan Mellel document

Post by iljajj »

Hi all,

Of course this happens just before an important deadline... As I try to scan my Mellel document as I did so often before, Mellel duly switches to Bookends and then ... nothing. BE just sits there. Tried various settings, checked everything was in order, and yeah, it is. If need be I'll do it all by hand, but that's not what I bought BE for (and yes, I'm on the latest version of everything...). It's enough to drive a man to drink, but before that happens I'd be grateful for some suggestions from y'all.
Jon
Site Admin

Re: Bookends won't scan Mellel document

Post by Jon »

When something suddenly stops working it's because of some local issue. The first thing I'd try is rebooting the Mac.

Jon
Sonny Software
ealvarezqc

Post by ealvarezqc »

I have used both softwares today with no issues. Might be something specifically on your side. Rebooting is underrated ;)
iljajj

Post by iljajj »

Obviously I've tried a reboot. No success. Trouble is I don't even know where to look for a solution.
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

You're obviously not going to find it on a discussion forum. Contact tech support.

Jon
Sonny Software
iljajj

Post by iljajj »

I was rather hoping someone might've run up against the same problem. But clearly not.
ealvarezqc

Post by ealvarezqc »

On the Mellel forum, things seem right whatever the MacOs version (http://forum.mellel.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3706). However, you might have an issue with Live bibliography (http://forum.mellel.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=3677). Personally, I don't use this function. But it could be a good thing to verify if it's turned off.

Also, you might try to ask a question on the Mellel forum : )