Can we offset the automatic page numbering?

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
Demogorgon

Can we offset the automatic page numbering?

Post by Demogorgon »

Hello. Can we change the offset for the automatic page numbering when you do Make Bookends Notecard? I am referring to the "@nnn" that appears at the top of a new notecard.
Jon
Site Admin

Re: Can we offset the automatic page numbering?

Post by Jon »

If the PDF page number (embedded in the PDF, not what you see) begins with 1, and If the reference associated with the PDF has a page number or range in the Pages field Bookends, will start the page numbering in the notecard with it.

For example, if the Pages field contains 45-49, Bookends will number an annotation on the first page as 45.

Jon
Sonny Software
Demogorgon

Post by Demogorgon »

Thank you. I was wondering if we can override this action. I have a PDF whose first page is 561. Bookends mistakenly makes notecards for the first page at 1112, second page at 1113. So there's no way for me to override this by adding an offset (by means unknown) of (in this case) –551?
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

Not automatically..

Either the PDF has the first page set internally, which Bookends uses (probably in your case, it's seemingly telling Bookends it's 113.) or it doesn't (or it's set to 1, which I gather isn't the case in this example), in which case Bookends uses the first page in the Pages field.

But of course you can change the page yourslef in the notecard -- just double click on it and edit the page number to 561.

Jon
Sonny Software