Webarchive preview "stuck" on different archive

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
nh220

Webarchive preview "stuck" on different archive

Post by nh220 »

I discovered this strange behavior in 13.3.1 re: webarchives. It is a bit hard to explain, but I will do my best.

Whenever I save a webarchive to an Internet reference through Bookends Browser, that webarchive (let's call it webarchive1) gets "stuck" in the preview window. If I I switch to a different Internet reference (with webarchive2), webarchive 1 is still showing in the preview window. Webarchive2 is still correct, I can open it in Safari or what have you. The little drop-down in the status bar below the preview window also shows the correct webarchive (webarchive2). It is just what is showing in the window that is incorrect.

This remains the case if I click and preview other references (with PDFs) in-between the two Internet references, if I toggle the preview window on/off, switch between attachment and bibliographic preview, and so on. The only way to "reset" the view so that the correct webarchive is displayed appears to be to toggle to the "live" URL in the and then back to the webarchive.

Admittedly this is a really small quirk and 13.3.1 is otherwise a wonderful improvement -- I've had mysterious issues with webarchives and Bookends before and those are all gone, above quirk aside.
Jon
Site Admin

Re: Webarchive preview "stuck" on different archive

Post by Jon »

I can't reproduce this behavior. Please contact tech support directly with screen snaps showing the problem.

Jon
Sonny Software
nh220

Re: Webarchive preview "stuck" on different archive

Post by nh220 »

Ok, I am traveling the next few days but will do so when home.