reCAPTCHA keeps spinning.

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
nadir

reCAPTCHA keeps spinning.

Post by nadir »

When I try to do google scholar search, clearly as per google regulations, after a certain amount of researches it locks me ou and asks for reCAPTCHA. When I click "I am not a robot", reCAPTCHA keeps spinning to no avail. I understand that the problem will go away if I wait for 24 hours, but that limits the utility of the Bookends application. So I am wondering if there is a fix to this problem?
nadir

Re: reCAPTCHA keeps spinning.

Post by nadir »

postscript: Going to the google scholar with other browsers (safari and chrome in my case ) and whitelisting them do not solve the problem. It doesn't help with the BE browser.
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

This is a limitation put in place by Google, not us. Read about it in our FAQ

https://www.sonnysoftware.com/faq/faq.h ... nical_Help

Filling out the CAPTCHA in Safari will help. You'll have to wait until Google decides to reinstate your privileges.

Note that if you use the recently added Google Scholar integration in Bookends Browser (using the "Import To Bookends" link, you should not be flagged as a robot no many how may articles you import.

Jon
Sonny Software
nadir

Post by nadir »

Hey, thanks for the quick response

I just realised that the reCAPTCHA doesn't work (keeps spinning without asking the question) if the browser is accessed from the online search window (that's where I was trying all along). It is working at the regular BE browser, and fixed the problem.

Cheers
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

That's odd, it's the same browser engine. But good to know.

Jon
Sonny Software
xoanohn

Post by xoanohn »

I am having the same problem. Can't get to select the pictures because it keeps on spinning.
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

I know. Go to Safari and fill out the reCAPTCHA, then wait for Google to unban you.

Jon
Sonny Software
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

This problem with Google Scholar reCAPTCHA has been fixed for the next update.