SBL Format

Users asking other users for bibliography formats.
danzac

SBL Format

Post by danzac »

I have created a Bookends Guide to SBL format, complete with format files and preference files (without a serial # of course). Anyone interested can download it at www.deinde.org/danzac/BookendsSBLguide.zip
~I swore to myself that if I ever got to walk around the room as manager people would laugh as they saw me coming and applaud as I walked away~
miqraot

Re: SBL Format

Post by miqraot »

danzac wrote:I have created a Bookends Guide to SBL format, complete with format files and preference files (without a serial # of course). Anyone interested can download it at www.deinde.org/danzac/BookendsSBLguide.zip
Thank you so much.
It is very helpful stuff!!!
kmunoz

Odd problem with italics in secondary order book citation

Post by kmunoz »

When I add page numbers as per the PDF tip - using @ - I end up with page numbers in italics.

The citation format for secondary order book cites is:

a, <i>s.</i>

It appears that the italics are open-ended, however, and make my page numbers italics as well. Is there a way to prevent this? Am I using @ incorrectly? (I'm a Bookends <i>and</i> Mellel newbie, I just got both because I came across the SBL format files, which are great, except for this weird glitch.)
danzac

italics

Post by danzac »

hmm, okay this is a little glitch. Go into the bibliographic format file, and go to the secondary citation section for the particular type (i.e. journal, book, chapter, etc.) It may be that because the s. is italicized, then the formatter italicizes the page number (Jon can correct me if I'm wrong). simply go in and un-italicize the period, but leave the 's' italicized and see if it works that way.

If you have any other glitches or problems, let me know via email, danzac@gmail.com, so that I can update the Bookends Guide to SBL. ttfn
~I swore to myself that if I ever got to walk around the room as manager people would laugh as they saw me coming and applaud as I walked away~
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

I fixed the problem -- it will be in the next update.

Jon
Sonny Software
kmunoz

Post by kmunoz »

Thanks... you know, the italicized period fix occurred to me shortly after I posted, but I haven't had a chance to try it yet. I'm assuming it'll work as long as Mellel doesn't automatically style adjacent punctuation.