Bookends asking for password

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
xoanohn

Bookends asking for password

Post by xoanohn »

Hi,

Bookends has been asking for my computer password every time I log-in. But today, the password popup is blank. Restarted bookends - the same thing. Restarted the computer - the same thing.

I am on the latest Mac OS.

Help?
Serge

Re: Bookends asking for password

Post by Serge »

Please write to support@referencesontap.com and we will send you a beta build with an option to open your Sign In Page in your default standalone browser instead of the internal web viewer.
xoanohn

Post by xoanohn »

I sent the email yesterday morning. Is there an ETA on the beta? It is unusable. I click cancel and it pops up again and won't go away.
billclarke

Post by billclarke »

I'm having a similar problem - I recently had to change my AppleID password and now Bookends repeatedly asks for it. When I enter it, I have to enter a code validating that its me ("my appleid is being used to sign in to a new device) and then a dialog opens asking me to Verify my email address "Your Apple ID email address must be verified before you can sign in. Verify the address below or choose a different address to use as your Apple ID." The dialog box is pre-filled with my correct email address and when I click "Continue" I get a message saying " You can only add the @mac.com address that is already on file in your account." - but that is the email address associated with my account.

Help!
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

This is obviously a different issue than a blank screen, and you should have started a new thread.

There is an issue is an issue with Apple asking for a login with each launch. This FAQ may help.

https://www.sonnysoftware.com/faq/faq.h ... sked_to_re

If id doesn't, start a new thread with your issue.

Jon
Sonny Software
samll

Post by samll »

I'm having a similar problem - I recently had to change my AppleID password and now Bookends repeatedly asks for it. When I enter it, I have to enter a code validating that its me ("my appleid is being used to sign in to a new device) Loans at directloantransfer and then a dialog opens asking me to Verify my email address "Your Apple ID email address must be verified before you can sign in. Verify the address below or choose a different address to use as your Apple ID." The dialog box is pre-filled with my correct email address and when I click "Continue" I get a message saying " You can only add the @mac.com address that is already on file in your account." - but that is the email address associated with my account.

Help!
you need to login to your apple account on the same machine and after that login to your book acc
it helped me, but still, strange?