New User Feedback & Requests

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
chadders

New User Feedback & Requests

Post by chadders »

I purchased a copy of Bookmarks a couple of weeks ago, to support my undertaking an MSc at Keele University, in the UK. I am using the software on a G5 Mac, under OSX in conjunction with Mellel (Wordprocessor Software).

I am generally very pleased with my purchase. The software appears to be a no-nonsense application capable of doing the job it is meant to do without question. It seems stable and pretty intuitive. The interface is clean and unobtrusive, and generally seems to make pretty good use of space.

I am looking to use the software not only to keep a track of my reading, but also as a means of managing my MSc dissertation research, which starts in earnest around December 2005.

Here are a few questions/requests I have;

1. It would be nice to have an iTunes like hierarchical structure to the groups pane, in order to facilitate multiple groups, sub-groups and the like.

2. I would like some suitable way of being able to manage not just articles/books etc. but individual quotes from within the works. I am often required to cite not just references, but page numbers too. Currently I can see no way of doing this without having multiple copies of the whole citation, each containing separate page numbers for a quote.

3. I would like to be able to identify things by colour, as well as by groups.

Well that's just a few things to start with, but whether these things ever exist or not, I think the software is excellent as it is. I just thought you might value some feedback from a 'newbie'.

Thanks

Chris
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the suggestions.

#2 you can do right now -- the easiest way is with the Cited Pages feature. Basically, your temporary citation should end with the @ symbol followed by the page(s), such as

{Smith, 2005, The Journal@23-25}

See the User Guide for details.

Jon
Sonny Software