Searching for %tag in Notecards not working?

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
Asutu

Searching for %tag in Notecards not working?

Post by Asutu »

The Manual indicates that we can search by tags in the Notecards using the Live Search box by prefixing the tag words with `%`. However, it seems this is not currently possible, at least with my Bookends installation (13.4.6). I'm attaching 3 screenshots to this message but couldn't make them inline...

The first (1.png) simply shows all the notecards for a given reference in the Notes stream. Each notecard starts with tags that are prefixed with `%` in the text, thus showing in a slightly dim grey colour.

In the second screenshot (2.png), I search for the word "tag" in the Live Search box, and Bookends finds and presents all notecards that match with that word. This can be tags or any text and this behaviour is expected.

Lastly (3.png), when searching by a tag prefixed by `%` the list of matching notecards is empty. I believe that in this example it should have returned the first notecard?

Pedro
Asutu

Re: Searching for %tag in Notecards not working?

Post by Asutu »

Hmmm, the attachments didn't go through. Not sure why though...

Just to clarify, I'm searching for tags in the Live Search box after selecting Notecard from the pop-up menu and with the Notes stream visible.
Jon
Site Admin

Re: Searching for %tag in Notecards not working?

Post by Jon »

If you think you've found a bug you should contact tech support directly with your supporting information, not post on the forum.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2038

Jon
Sonny Software