toggled fonts

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
danzac

toggled fonts

Post by danzac »

I have a question concerning the default fonts. Is there a way to have the toggled fonts also be assigned a default size? I toggle between times new roman and lucida grande, but if i paste something in the wrong font and size, I still have to change the size manually. Can size be included in the toggle?

Also, is there a way that you can get your entire database to regulate interms of font size and font type? thanks, Danny
~I swore to myself that if I ever got to walk around the room as manager people would laugh as they saw me coming and applaud as I walked away~
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

You mean the quick-change font (Command-Shift-G)?

And for pasting, use Edit -> Paste Without Styles

I don't understand the question about font size/type. That's set in Preferences.

Jon
Sonny Software
danzac

followup

Post by danzac »

Sorry for the delay-
i cut and paste from a PDF text, and paste it 'without style'. It will paste into Bookends in the proper font, but does not change the size.

And, can my whole database be converted to a font-size type?
~I swore to myself that if I ever got to walk around the room as manager people would laugh as they saw me coming and applaud as I walked away~
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

It does change the size, too. Maybe that's what the font in question looks like at that size?

To convert a db (or hits list),

Global Change -> Restore Default Font Style

Jon
Sonny Software
danzac

Post by danzac »

Still having the same problem with cutting text from Preview and pasting it without styles in Bookends. Occasionally it just keeps the same style, other times it will switch it to Lucida Grande (my default font) but not default size (12). When I highlight this type of text and toggle it (command/shift/G) it doesn't change it. This only happens with text copied from a Preview. Odd....
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

Hi Danny,

Send me a the file you are using in Preview and tell me what to copy/paste without styles. I'll figure out what's going on.

Jon
Sonny Software