Capitalizing titles.

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
Milford

Capitalizing titles.

Post by Milford »

When I use Bookends to do a library search for a book, Bookends formats the reference quite nicely for my MLA-style bibliography, except for one glaring problem: book titles are, apart from the first word, all in lower-case! I can see that this is how the libraries themselves store the title data (APA-style, I guess) but is there any way to get these titles in their authentic capitalizations? Without that, I'd have to go in a capitalize them all by hand, which would very much defeat any usefulness of this program. :cry:

(Apologies if this has been explained elsewhere here--I did a search and couldn't find anything, but it seems like a very basic issue for a rather large branch of the humanities.)
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

Hi,

All you need to do is open the MLA format (click the Edit button) and use a pop-up menu to set titles to Title Case (do this for each Type is applies to).

BTW, if this is a requirement for MLA, please send the edited format to me and I'll include it with our release.

Jon
Sonny Software

P.S. Note there is a "don't change case" list in Preferences where you can exclude words you don't want capitalized, such as a, an, it, etc.