BOOKENDS ends after importing 1 entry

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
gavagai

BOOKENDS ends after importing 1 entry

Post by gavagai »

BOOKENDS ends after trying to import 1 entry
Here how it is done:
I open the most recently opened BOOKENDS Database = Buch
I do a search via Utilities / Internet Search / Germany GBV (GVK) for "Ebeling Chaos" all fields.
The search has 8 hits. I copy and drag 1 entry into Buch.
BOOKENDS tells me 1 entry is imported (but it never reaches the database = it is not there)
Then BOOKENDS ends and I am allowed to send a report to Apple which I am sure nobody bothers to react.

I can repeat this all everytime by doing the same steps.
What's wrong?
Servus, tschau, bye
Herbert
gavagai

Post by gavagai »

Hi again,
to my regret the afore mentioned abnormal end of BOOKENDS happens also after inserting 1 entry from amazon (BOOKENDS does import the entry this time correctly) and then updating this entry.
I write the correct title into the entry and copy the contents of one field into "Abstract" and ...
BOOKENDS terminates abnormal.
So I fear it has little to do with the procedure I described in my first posting.
Maybe it is because today is the 11th of the 11th and in Germany carnival starts officially at 11:11 am !? :o
Servus, tschau, bye
Herbert
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

Hi,

Bookends is crashing, right? This is almost certainly due to some damage to the database. Please either Rebuild and/or Repair it (File -> Database Maintenance). If that doesn't take care of it, please contact me directly (this is a tech support, not a forum, issue).

Jon
Sonny Software
gavagai

Post by gavagai »

Hi Jon,
thank you for your advice. Normally I do have more than one database opened. Shall I rebuild all of them?
After a constant crushing of Bookends I restarted the Mac and everything went well. Only a couple of hours later Bookends quitted again (but just once) without further ado.
So, I guess, I wait till the next crush and will then do as you've told me. OK?
Servus, tschau, bye
Herbert
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

No, rebuild your database(s) now -- just the one that is crashing, if you can identify it.

Jon
Sonny Software