Two questions on Papers and bookends.

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
Riad Goas

Two questions on Papers and bookends.

Post by Riad Goas »

Hi:

I have two questions

1. I have some papers which contain important information for my doctoral dissertation. I edited manually the footnotes and bibliographies of each one of them. I mean I have never used a program like bookends. I want to transfer this information to Bookends. Is there any way to do it directly or I'll need to write down each one of my block quotes, footnotes and bibliographies?

2. May I scan those documents already fully finished using bookends? What would be the advantages?

Thank you very much

Riad
Jon
Site Admin

Re: Two questions on Papers and bookends.

Post by Jon »

Riad Goas wrote:I want to transfer this information to Bookends. Is there any way to do it directly or I'll need to write down each one of my block quotes, footnotes and bibliographies?
It depends on how structured the references were. Details on how one might be able to do this are in the User Guide. Search for the section

Creating filters for existing bibliographies
May I scan those documents already fully finished using bookends? What would be the advantages?
You can, but there are no advantages.

Jon
Sonny Software
Riad Goas

Post by Riad Goas »

Jon thank you for your answer. I really appreciated it.

In my second question I was not clear enough. Since I want to transfer all my data to bookends I would like to know what is the main purpose in scaning a fully finished document using bookends. In that sense is there any advantage or it does not matter not to do it.

Again, Thank you very much.

Riad
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

Hi,

There is no advantage to scanning a finished document. It only makes sense to scan a document with temporary citations in it, in which case they will be converted to final citations (or footnotes) and a bibliography will be generated for you.

Jon
Sonny Software
Riad Goas

Post by Riad Goas »

Jon,

Thank you very much for your answers.

Riad