REQUEST: metatype update to accommodate SBL style

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
danzac

REQUEST: metatype update to accommodate SBL style

Post by danzac »

The SBL Handbook of style is the formatting style used in Biblical studies, and is very similar to Chicago. One of requirements for book chapters cannot currently be dealt with by Bookends. Jon has asked me to put it into the forum to see if others like the idea / want to see it.

Basically, if I am to cite a book chapter in a collected volume, it gets a full citation. But if I cite another chapter in the same book, the citation to the second item would be truncated, using a shortened title for the edited book, just the last names of the editors, and no publishing information. Here is a screenshot from the SBL Handbook with the issue highlighted:

In Jon's words from our correspondence: "You want it [metatypes] to never work for the first citation but only subsequent citations of chapters [children] from the book [parent]".

Add your voice if you would find this feature helpful as well.
Attachments
PastedGraphic-14.png
PastedGraphic-14.png (105.5 KiB) Viewed 29935 times
~I swore to myself that if I ever got to walk around the room as manager people would laugh as they saw me coming and applaud as I walked away~