Missing MS Word 2004 toolbar icon

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
kodiak71

Post by kodiak71 »

I'm running Bookends 8.1.3 with MS Word 2004 using OS X 10.4...the problem is, I cannot get the "insert reference" icon to appear on the Bookends toolbar. I have the other four but the one I use the most is missing.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

Find the add-in and the template in the folder

Add-ins for MS Word

Then follow the instructions for manual installation in the file

MS Word X Add-in Read Me

Jon
Sonny Software
dlgover

Post by dlgover »

I have what I think is the same problem with Office X. After making sure the Template file was in the startup folder, the add in was in the Office Folder, and insuring the startup folder was correctly set, there are still no icons on the tool bar. There is a tool bar and it works, but the only Icon you can see is the unscan document. Not sure what I did wrong here.
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

Hi,

That's a different problem. This is a limitation of the first release of Word X. Get and apply the Word X updater (I think there were two). All the icons should show up after you update Word X.

Jon
Sonny Software
dairyman71

Insert citation icon

Post by dairyman71 »

Early last week, I was running v8.1.2 and did not have the inseert citation icon. I downloaded the new version and double checked to make sure that Word 2004 was running all the latest and greatest updates. I then installed v8.1.3 and deleted all of the other add-in files in the Office and start-up folders. I then put the new add-in files into the appropriate folders. I now have the insert citation icon in the toolbar.
My suggestion is this. Uninstall Bookends. Make sure Word is not on. Go into the Office folders to eliminate any template add-in and add-in files. seU Spotlight to see if there are any floating around and delete them. Re-install Bookends 8.1.3 and place the add-in files appropriately. Open Bookends, then open Word. Hopefully, you will see the insert citation.

I am willing to bet that the problem you are having is due to an extraneous add-in file running the toolbar application.

I hope that this helps you guys!
There is no such thing as a stupid question; but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots!
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

Hi,

Thanks for the helpful answer. But note that you do NOT need to reinstall Bookends. But you DO need to remove the old add-in and template from the appropriate Office folders and replace them with the new ones we ship with 8.1.3.

Jon
Sonny Software