Grey font in references

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
Hedda

Grey font in references

Post by Hedda »

The recent version of Bookends (14.0.9; Mac OS Monterey 12.4) makes some fields in references grey. Titles of articles. Publishers' names. This grey font remains in the reference preview window. I also have trouble getting rid of the grey previews in individual fields. Sometimes my own entry fails to replace the grey suggestions. How do I revert all fields to the same uniform black font? How do I get rid of the grey preview suggestion, which simply duplicates the title of the field (Author: Author). All I manage to do so far is to choose remove formatting for each individual field. This is way too time-consuming. Please help?
Jon
Site Admin

Re: Grey font in references

Post by Jon »

At least one issue that could cause this was fixed in 14.1. You can turn off Show Hints in preferences (references tab).

Jon
Sonny Software
Hedda

Post by Hedda »

thank you!
Darryl

Post by Darryl »

I have the same problem with Bookends 14.1.2 on MacOS 12.6. Toggling Show Hints does not resolve the issue and the font color persists when scanning in Word of Mellel.

Any idea how this can be resolved?
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

You can do it globally with Global Change -> Restore Default Font & Styles.

Jon
Sonny Software