"Copy notecard and citation" returns Ariel 12pt font

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
Per

"Copy notecard and citation" returns Ariel 12pt font

Post by Per »

Dear Forum members,

I am a very content user of Bookends and have integrated in into a workflow that really helps my productivity. The last step of the workflow takes advantage of the "Copy notecard and citation"-function (right-clicking on the notecard in the Note stream) to get the quote or note pasted into Microsoft Word, Scrivener, or elsewhere, with the correct citation and page number. Simply brilliant! However, when doing so the font of the pasted text is in font Ariel 12pt regardless what I try to do in the Default fonts in the Preferences. So, three related questions:

1) Is there a way to get Bookends to paste as unformatted text? The pasting is automatic in Word and forces me to manually cut and paste as unformatted again, which is a bit annoying.
2) If not, is there a setting to chose the font I want the automatically pasted text to be in?
3) If not, is there a setting to turn off the automatic pasting when selecting "Copy notecard and citation"? Perhaps this would be the best anyway.

Thanks in advance!

Best wishes,
Per
Jon
Site Admin

Re: "Copy notecard and citation" returns Ariel 12pt font

Post by Jon »

1) Is there a way to get Bookends to paste as unformatted text? The pasting is automatic in Word and forces me to manually cut and paste as unformatted again, which is a bit annoying.
2) If not, is there a setting to chose the font I want the automatically pasted text to be in?
3) If not, is there a setting to turn off the automatic pasting when selecting "Copy notecard and citation"? Perhaps this would be the best anyway.
1. See #3.

2. The copy/paste will use the default font for references. Of course if you've change the actual font in the reference itself that will override the default.

3. As with all "copy citation"-like functions, if you hold down the Option key when selected 'Copy notecard and citation' the copy happens but you won't automatically switch to the linked word processor. Then you Paste Special in Word. Another solution (which I mention only for completeness) is to temporarily unlink to Word with File -> Link To -> Unlink. This will last only during the course of the current session, and of course you can relink to Word at any time with the same menu.

Jon
Sonny Software
Per

Re: "Copy notecard and citation" returns Ariel 12pt font

Post by Per »

Thanks Jon! Now I have options for how to fix this.