Drag-and-drop citation search

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
thomashegna

Drag-and-drop citation search

Post by thomashegna »

Over the last couple of days, when I drag-and-drop a pdf into my database, the normal search window will come up--there, I will choose a website to search for the citation in. However, no results are returned--none, even with the most vague search terms. Is there something I need to reset?
Jon
Site Admin

Re: Drag-and-drop citation search

Post by Jon »

You mean Autocomplete Paper? Which sites are you searching? Try PubMed -- if it's not returning anything then we have to consider a local network problem.

Jon
Sonny Software
thomashegna

Post by thomashegna »

Yes, the autocomplete function. None of the websites, including PubMed, are working. This function did work last week, so I am puzzled as to what has changed.
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

It's something local. You can confirm that by doing the same search on another network (such as at home if the problem is on your institution's network, or vice versa).

Please check your network and firewall settings and make sure they're correct. And if you're using a firewall, make sure that Bookends is whitelisted.

Jon
Sonny Software