Feature Request: Autocomplete Paper autofills Any Text with Title

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
DrJJWMac

Feature Request: Autocomplete Paper autofills Any Text with Title

Post by DrJJWMac »

I have a citation where I have filled the title field. When I do an Autocomplete Paper, I expected the title to populate the Any Text field automatically. Would you consider implementing this time saving step in a future update.

ps ... I see that the JSTOR method also does not pick up the title automatically. In addition, switching between JSTOR and Google Scholar wipes on the title rather than (preferably) moving the title to the Any Text field.
--
JJW
Jon
Site Admin

Re: Feature Request: Autocomplete Paper autofills Any Text with Title

Post by Jon »

I'll add these to the feature request list.

Jon
Sonny Software
DrJJWMac

Post by DrJJWMac »

I see now that the gear icon has options to copy selected text to various fields. This helps.

As a follow up, I have a significant number of references to try to Autocomplete. If possible, it would be helpful when the Autocomplete window would be non-modal and would allow a user to set it to one side, step through a list of references, and autocomplete each one without closing or loosing the dialog input in between each one.
--
JJW
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

I don't see how that could work. I use the keyboard shortcut to bring up that window, Shift-Command-C, which can be done with one hand so is convenient, if that helps.

Jon
Sonny Software