Using Bookends browser for term-based searches on dedicated search sites

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
DrJJWMac

Using Bookends browser for term-based searches on dedicated search sites

Post by DrJJWMac »

I want to use the Bookends browser to search broadly on sites such as my university library or SciFinder (or GoogleScholar). I am finding that I can directly import a reference when I find it going through the search return results. I have two questions as I test this approach.

* The browser history popup list is helpful to go back from a specific journal to a broad list from a search input. I appreciate this recent addition. The browser history in the list is sorted to have the most recent page at the bottom of the popup list. Could this be reversed so that the history is sorted to have the most recent page at the top of the popup list (chronologically going from most recent at top to oldest at bottom)?

* When I am searching, I sometimes inadvertently click on a reference or on a group in the left-most panel. This jumps the Bookends browser to a web view of the selected reference or active reference in the group. Is there a way to turn off this behavior? Ideally, I want the Bookends browser to behave more so as a dedicated browser where clicks outside its window are ignored.
--
JJW
Jon
Site Admin

Re: Using Bookends browser for term-based searches on dedicated search sites

Post by Jon »

1. Yes.

2. No. It's just a window. If you put a Safari window in front of Bookends and inadvertently click on a reference, you'll go to that reference, too.

Jon
Sonny Software
Jon
Site Admin

Re: Using Bookends browser for term-based searches on dedicated search sites

Post by Jon »

In regard to point #2, I may have a solution, but it will require some testing.

Jon
Sonny Sfotware