does Bookends support Finder tags that include apostrophes?

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
rmsk

does Bookends support Finder tags that include apostrophes?

Post by rmsk »

I have several smart groups that help me quickly view papers that have a particular Finder tag, e.g. "archeology." I just created a new smart group corresponding to a Finder tag that includes an apostrophe. However when I click on this smart group it doesn't display any papers that are so-tagged ("Showing 0 of 0 refs"). Am I doing something wrong? Or is this unexpected behavior reflective of some kind of limitation in Bookends? Thanks in advance for any clarification.
Jon
Site Admin

Re: does Bookends support Finder tags that include apostrophes?

Post by Jon »

Apparently searching for tag containing an apostrophe. Escaping the apostrophe isn't working, but it's not clear why, no help from the internet. I'll keep looking, but for now I'd remove the apostrophe from that tag.

Jon
Sonny Software
rmsk

Post by rmsk »

Thanks for your prompt reply. Unfortunately removing the apostrophe from the tag isn't an option for me as I use this tag (and several others with apostrophes) in multiple other apps and workflows (haven't had any problems).

Is there any chance this issue could be addressed in a future release of Bookends?
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

Please see my previous reply.

Jon
Sonny Software
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

It looks like I've gotten it to work. I'll test some more, but I expect this fix to be in the next update.

Jon
Sonny Software
rmsk

Post by rmsk »

fantastic!! thanks very much.