Bibliography Format

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
russtic

Bibliography Format

Post by russtic »

Hi
I am new to Bookends following moving from Endnote (which just kept crashing). I really like it and it seems to do everything I need but I am really struggling with understanding how to format the final bibliography.

All I want is a line between each book in the bibliography
2023-05-Screenshot 2023-05-20 at 10.05.07.png
2023-05-Screenshot 2023-05-20 at 10.05.07.png (196.45 KiB) Viewed 815 times
Thank you
Jon
Site Admin

Re: Bibliography Format

Post by Jon »

That is easily done. It can be done in Bookends itself, or in your word processor.

In Bookends, edit the format and add a Return at the end of the Order field. The Return is invisible, of course. If you want to be able to glance at the format in the future and realize it ends with a Return, use the ¬ character (Option-L on a US keyboard). This should be done for every reference Type.

In your word processor, select the bibliography and apply double spacing. You may want to do this if, for example, you use the same format for another purpose where double spacing isn't required and don't want to modify it. You can make this more sophisticated if you want by creating a style called, for example, Bibliography, which defines how you want the bibliography to look (spacing, indentation, font, whatever) and apply that after the scan.

Jon
Sonny Software

P.S. This short video provides an introduction to formatting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CowJRIualSQ
russtic

Re: Bibliography Format

Post by russtic »

Thank you